Aims and Objectives of the Programme
- To build national capacity in the use of ICT for arts and humanities research.
- To advise the AHRC on matters of ICT strategy.
- To develop a focused and integrated portfolio of projects, workshops and dissemination events complementing the activities already funded by the AHRC and other national bodies.
- To enhance research capacity in the arts and humanities by developing innovative resources, tools, standards and training materials that will be used in the conduct and dissemination of research, and in the preservation of and access to research materials.
- To enhance the contribution that the arts and humanities community is able to make to discussions on ICT issues that impact across all research disciplines.
- To create new research outputs that are valuable in themselves, arising from projects that demonstrate the extension and enhancement of ICT applications in arts and humanities research.
- Where appropriate, to facilitate and develop co-ordination and communication with the AHRC on ICT matters.
- To initiate and develop projects and strategic partnership with other bodies for the development and use of ICT resources and tools for arts and humanities research.
- To provide a focal point for outreach to stakeholders beyond academia.
- To develop international collaboration where appropriate and to disseminate findings to an international audience.
Visit our Activities and Services page to see how we are meeting these aims and objectives.